Wednesday, October 9, 2019

What can happen in 2 years?

A lot.

A lot, a lot.

Where do I begin?

In 2018 a great couple named James & Jeanette invited me to be part of their team at Shadow Alley Press. I was elated, because I'd known them a few years and knew they were awesome, and what they were doing was awesome.
I started writing Firebrand for them straight away and suddenly realized my day job took too many of my f***s on the regular. I came home thinking about its problems, how to solve them, and so on... leaving me little time to solve my own creative problems. I did the ballsy thing and put in my notice before I even had another job. I just knew I had to get out so I could clear the day job garbage out of my head. I landed a new job that doesn't present me with problems I need to be up thinking about all night, and actually paid me more, so... win win (except I lost a great community of friends, so that sucked)
Three books down in the Firebrand series and I'm off to my new adventure with Shadow Alley Press, another LitRPG series of my own making.
The super secret dialogue project was no longer fitting into my life the way I needed it to, or the way the client needed it to, so we parted ways amiably. It was a good lesson in accepting a back-end percentage on a project that takes too long to get off the ground instead of an hourly or monthly rate... a post on that to come, for sure.
I've started taking on more freelance writing offers, and I like it a lot. Like, a lot, a lot. There are definitely some posts to come on this, too.

That leads us right back around to why I'm here now. If I'm really going to do this, you can bet your sweet tooshies I'm not going to do it without sharing the details, my failures (hopefully some successes too), and my lessons.

I'm back kiddies. Prep your butts for knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment